DEEP PAN PIZZA is a Neapolitan cuisine, which now considered as the world’s famous dish.
Pan Pizza Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups whole wheat flour (Atta)
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran flour
- 3 tablespoons soya flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cups tomato concasse
- ½ cup tomato puree
- Salt according to taste
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 leaves fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ Cup chicken, canned curried
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Take the wholemeal flour in a bowl.
- Mix it with wheat bran and soya flour.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in a cup with little water.
- Dissolve yeast in a little warm water separately.
- Add the two liquid solutions to the flour mixture and mix.
- Add one tablespoon olive oil in the mixture and mix.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough out of it.
- Dab a little oil over the dough, cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep it aside in a warm place for about forty-five minutes to ferment.
- Apply a little more oil and knead the dough to remove excess air.
- Keep it covered once again for half an hour.
- Divide it into four equal portions.
- Preheat your oven to 220˚C before handed.
- To make the pizza sauce, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, chopped garlic, tomato concasse and sauté.
- Add tomato puree, salt, and freshly ground pepper and stir and then mix fresh basil torn with hands.
- Add fresh oregano and then simmer for five minutes. Add dried oregano mix and take off the heat.
- Take a deep pan and grease it lightly.
- Take a portion of the dough and press lightly to spread it to the size of the pan. Spread some sauce on it. Layer with curried chicken, some mozzarella cheese, green olives, jalapeno slices, pepperonis, more of mozzarella cheese, and onion rings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve hot.